East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya
The School includes classes from Nursery to Class XII. The course and syllabus are as prescribed by the Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBOSE), Tura. The students are prepared for the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) and Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) Examinations, which are held at the end of class X and XII, respectively. English is the medium of instruction.
Course of Study
1. One year of Nursery.
2. One year of KG
3. Ten years for SSLC + Two years for HSSLCschool studies.
4. Public examinations are held at the end of Class X (SSLC) & Class XII (HSSLC).
Academic Year and Timings
The School academic year commences in January and ends in December. The School timings are:
School Assembly : 08.45 A.M to 09.00 A.M
Nursery & KG : 09.00 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.
Class I to XII : 09.00 A.M. to 03.00 P.M
1. Normally, there will be weekly test, one terminal examination and final/promotion examination. Weekly tests and terminal examination will be taken into account at the promotion Examination, hence students are advised to take them seriously.
2. 20% of marks from the weekly tests and 80% of marks from the terminal and final examinations will be taken into consideration for the promotion.
3. Absence from the examinations or weekly tests without sufficient reason is a serious breach of discipline and will be considered as a tantamount of failure.
4. Tampering of marks in the progress report card will be severely dealt with.
5. The decision of the school authority in the matter of promotion or selection is final.
1. Pupils must be punctual and must be at the school premises before the bell rings at 8.40 a.m.
2. Pupils are expected to regularly prepare their lessons and do their home-work. Those who have not done their homework will not be allowed to sit in the class.
3. Students should bring all the prescribed text and note books of the day without failure.
4. Each subject should have separate note books.
Absence and Leave
1. Staying away from school without leave is not tolerated except when the cause is sudden illness or unforeseen circumstances.
2. No pupil will be allowed to go away from school during the School hours without a prior written application for leave from his/her parents/guardian, stating the reason.
3. After an absence from class, pupils must bring reason for absence duly entered in the Absence leave record. Medical Certificates are to be furnished when necessary.
4. A pupil who has been absent for a month without due authorization from the Headmistress/Principal will have his/her name struck-off from the attendance register and may not be re-admitted.
5. 90% of attendance in a class is required for promotion to the next higher class.
6. Any pupil arriving late to school is considered as a breach of discipline, and so pupils who come late may be sent back home. No late comer will enter the class-room without the permission of the higher authorities.